One thing you might not know about me is that I love to research stuff. I google everything! I don't think there's a day that goes by that I don't go to my homepage Google and type something I'm curious about. And if there happens to be a time I don't get my fix I've made a point to make a mental checklist of doing so at the next available point in my day. I am not sure where this behavior came from but I see it as a form of continued education!
I know I am not the only google researching addict out there. I think it has become apart of our culture. We rely on it to inform us about current events, parenting, social networking, finding people and places, vacation deals, and so on.
I wonder if I used the bible with the same addictive behavior as I do Google-ing in life how much more educated I would be on my God. My research on Him may be endless but nevertheless, I would be a so much better me for my efforts. But intentions aren't always actions. And my actions aren't always God's doing therefore googling can be a sin. I know it sounds crazy but think about it- If I allow googling to take priority over time spent with God and in His word aren't I "lusting" over worldy things?
I think Paul the apostle knows the struggles we face. Read this:
Romans 7: 17-20But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.
(I found the Message version after writing this blog. Isn't it great?)
I may have rambled about something so trivial but that's just it, life will become trivial if you don't make effort for it not to be. Repeat that last sentence. I had to.
No comments:
Post a Comment